Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy (HBOT) in conjunction with intensive rehabilitation has been demonstrated to enhance the recovery from traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to augment brain activity by reducing hypoxia and neuroinflammation while increasing circulation in the brain. These benefits also have implications for those who sustain a concussion or mild brain injury.
BENEFITS OF HYPERBARIC OXYGEN THERAPY FOR THOSE WITH BRAIN INJURY
Clinical studies have demonstrated the following benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for those recovering from traumatic brain injury.
ENHANCE NEUROLOGICAL REPAIR AND REGENERATION
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy enhances neurological repair and regeneration in people recovering from traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Attenuates the Effects of Hypoxia and Inflammation in the Brain
- Promotes Neurogenesis
- Moderates Mitochondrial Disorders
- Enhances Stem Cell Mobilization and
- Increases Penumbra Tissue Recovery
- Stimulates Neuroplasticity
- Induces Remyelination
- Augments Concussion Recovery
IMPROVE OVERALL FUNCTION WITH HBOT
- Advances Cognitive Function
- Improves Gross/Fine Motor Skills
- Enhances Speech and Language
- Alleviates Spasticity
- Lessens Frequency of Seizures
- Stimulates Better Eye Contact
- Improves Balance and Walking